Frequently Asked Questions

Admission, Requirement And Process

Generally, you must apply for a study permit before coming to Canada. Some people apply first for a study permit from outside of Canada, while others apply for a study permit when they arrive in Canada at the port of entry. You will need to provide proof of acceptance from a Canadian educational institution, a valid passport, and other supporting documents. The application process may also require you to provide biometrics and attend an interview. It is important to ensure that you have all the necessary documents and meet the eligibility requirements before submitting your application.

A study permit is a document issued by Canada to allow foreign nationals to study in designated learning institutions in Canada. Your study permit is not a visa and will not let you enter Canada.

All of our full-time programs have specific admission requirements. You must meet all the required criteria and related documents to be accepted in your desired program.

Please click on this link to view our admission requirements:

Anyone can apply for a study permit provided that they are enrolled at a designated learning institution in Canada (e.g. ACE Career College), can provide money to pay for tuition fees, living expenses for themselves or a family companion in Canada, money to pay for return transportation, can obey the law, have no criminal record, are in good health and can prove to the officer that they will return to the home country once study permit expires.

Yes. Applicants are required to take an Entrance Test Exam to determine the Academic and English proficiency of the international student.

To apply for a study permit, students are encouraged to seek a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant or by visiting the Government of Canada website at

No, there is no age limit. Regardless of age, you can apply as long as you are eligible for the documentary and other requirements.

A post-graduation work permit is a document that allows you to work in Canada after completing your studies. To apply for a post-graduation work permit, you need to have completed a program of study that is at least eight months long at a designated learning institution in Canada, apply within 180 days of receiving your final grades, and meet other eligibility requirements. Please note that all private colleges in Canada can not issue a post-graduation work permit.

Yes, you may be eligible to apply for permanent residency in Canada after completing your studies. The Canadian government offers several programs for international students to become permanent residents, such as the Canadian Experience Class, Federal Skilled Worker Program, and Provincial Nominee Programs.

Quick Navigation

Application Process
Admission Requirements
Program Information
Student Tuition
Student Complaint Process
Academic Policies
International Student Resources
Pre-arrival Information
Student Orientation
Health Insurance
Money and Banks
Where can you stay?
Community Support
Career Services
Working and studying in Canada


The cost of living in Canada for international students varies depending on the city and lifestyle. You will need to budget for tuition fees, accommodation, food, transportation, and other expenses. The Canadian government recommends that international students have a minimum of CAD $10,000 per year to cover living expenses.

Yes, as an international student in Canada, you are allowed to work while studying. You may be eligible to work on campus or off campus for up to 20 hours per week during the academic session and full-time during scheduled breaks.

Yes, you may be able to bring your spouse, common-law partner, and dependent children with you to Canada. Your family members may be eligible to obtain visitor status or a study or work permit, depending on their individual circumstances.

Yes, same-sex marriage is being recognized in Canada, and they can fall under the category of a spouse or common-law partner.

International students can rent places near their school, or if they have relatives or families, they can stay with them. Accommodations can also be in dormitories, townhouses, apartments or shared apartments.

Your study permit will become invalid 90 days after completing your studies or on the expiry date of your study permit.

Yes. The credentials you gain from studying in Canada is an advantage for you to become a candidate for permanent residency and can help you to open doors for the number of immigration programs designated for international student.

Yes, it is necessary to have health insurance when you want to pursue studies in Canada.

Usually, it can be obtained through private health insurance and sometimes a deal through the university you choose to attend.